Imagine: YOU are asked to assign a half-dozen-or-so books as required reading for ALL science majors at a college as part of their 4-year degree; NOT technical or text books, but other works, old or new, touching upon the nature of science, philosophy, thought, or methodology in a way that a practicing scientist might gain from.Okay, so my book selection:
Post your list, and forward the meme to a half-dozen-or-so other science-oriented bloggers of your choosing.
- John Gribbin, History of Western Science
- E.O. Wilson, Biophilia: The Human Bond with Other Species
- Daniel Dennett, Darwin's Dangerous Idea: Evolution and the Meanings of Life
- Jared Diamond, Guns, Germs and Steel: A Short History of Everybody for the Last 13,000 Years
- V.S. Ramachandran, Phantoms in the Brain
- Stephen Pinker, The Blank Slate: The Modern Denial of Human Nature
- Richard Dawkins, Unweaving the Rainbow
- Carl Zimmer, Microcosm: E. coli and the New Science of Life
And the blogs I'm tagging:
The Frontal Cortex
Richard Wiseman's Blog
I hope they'll all carry on the meme-tag, because I'm very curious as to their choices!